“The family that plays together stays together!”
Family reunions at East Texas cabin rentals provide the perfect opportunity to prove how well that statement works. As you look ahead to your family’s next reunion, consider adding a few easy and inexpensive ideas into the mix. All of the ideas work to bring family members together in lighthearted ways that pave the path to more conversation and deepening family bonds. What better way to honor your family’s legacy than that?
Enjoy looking at these ideas and making them fit into your own family:
- Play icebreaker bingo. Cards are easy to create with free online templates. Make sure to include a mix of common categories (“played in the band”) with more rare categories (“ran a marathon”). Highlight generational differences (has a Snapchat account) and similarities (“favorite subject is science”), too.
- Don’t forget name tags! The larger the family, the easier it is to forget your second cousin’s stepson’s name. Take the guesswork away and make it easier for your relatives whose memories might be a bit unpredictable nowadays. Name tags also help newcomers to identify who belongs in your group, an important consideration if you’re staying at a resort with lots of other guests.
- Have ongoing activities set up for the duration of the reunion; string lines of colorful twine and cute clothespins over a table equipped with a camera that uses instantly developing film, a cup of permanent markers, and loads of fun props like hats, picture frames, glasses and fake mustaches. Take pictures of each family member or each family and label them. If your budget allows, take the pictures down at the end of the reunion and use them to draw a winner of the camera or the props.
- Give out fun awards. The winners might include: most children, traveled the farthest distance to come, most years married, most years living in the same location, most moves, most states or countries visited since the last reunion, etc. Peruse the party aisle for funny trinkets to accompany the awards.
- Draw names from a basket to make fun and unusual teams for games like charades or horseshoes. What better way to find out about your relatives than working together?
With just a little extra work and expense, you can help your family have a memorable reunion that they’ll talk about for years. They’ll love being able to get to know each other better against the backdrop of your family’s East Texas cabin rentals. You’ll find that all the activities at Mill Creek Ranch Resort–swimming, disc golf, fishing, pushing the kids on the swings–becomes, even more, fun when you’re surrounded by family that you’ve taken the time to get to know a little better.
East Texas Cabin Rentals
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
2102 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103