Think you have to go all the way to the beaches of South Padre to have a great Spring Break? You don’t, when you can make the short trip to one of the best resorts in Dallas and the surrounding area, Mill Creek Ranch Resort, with its variety of fun activities for Spring Breakers of all ages. Make your reservations now to give your whole family the kind of break from school and work that they really need in one of our beautiful vacation cottages with all the amenities you’d expect from a deluxe resort.
What’s so great about spending Spring Break at Mill Creek Ranch Resort and the surrounding area? There’s so much to do! We have Planned Activities for the kids! Our activities coordinator will have so much to do that your kids cannot get board. Join in on the fun events that have been scheduled and meet new friends. From swimming to shopping to soaking up culture, we have it all. If you’re not sure what to do, here’s what we suggest:
- Water activities. We’ve got two designer pools and ponds everywhere at Mill Creek Ranch Resort so you can swim, fish or paddle boat to your heart’s content. Too cold? Take a relaxing dip in the hot tub!
- Sports. For some Spring Breakers, relaxing with a fishing pole just isn’t enough. For those people, Mill Creek Ranch Resort offers basketball, volleyball, a nine-hole disc golf course and miles of trails hiking or biking. For even more of an adrenaline rush, try Buffalo Creek Motocross Park in nearby Edgewood. Buffalo Creek has an outdoor track, a night track, a sand track and a pee-wee track so that everyone can join in.
- Shopping. For some people, shopping counts as a sport; but when you’re on vacation, it’s a pleasant way to spend a few hours. Stroll through Canton’s historic district and browse shops that offer jewelry, antiques, collectibles and unique clothing items. The famous Paul Michales had added a new building full of great decor, don’t forget the Canton Dish Barn, Canton’s approved Fiesta dinnerware outlet.
- Eating. Spring Break means no cooking – just eating. Sure, you might whip up some S’mores over one of our Mill Creek Ranch Resort fire pits; but there’s no reason to dirty a frying pan when Canton has so many great places to eat. From burgers at the Famous Dairy Palace to chicken-fried chicken at Buttermilk’s to fine steaks and seafood at Four Winds Steakhouse, your stomach will be happy you chose Canton for your Spring Break. Or if cooking is you thing, girll out at the resort on one of the grills at your cottage or RV site.
- Enjoying Live Music. Here at the resort we sure know how to have a good time! Friday nights, our Grand Lodge becomes The Creek, home of Canton’s local artists! Enjoy live music, tasty East Texas-inspired food and a full bar. Fifteen minutes east of Canton in Ben Wheeler, The Forge offers pizza, dancing, live music and open mic night on Wednesdays.
When you decide to spend your Spring Break at one of the finest resorts in the Dallas area, you can be sure that you and your family will head home recharged and ready for more of the daily grind. To make your Spring Break reservation, call Mill Creek Ranch Resort at (903) 567-6020. In addition to great vacation cottages, we also offer RV site rentals that give you access to the same amenities and activities. Visit us at www.millcreekranchresort.com to see what one of the premier resorts in the Dallas area has to offer.
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
Canton, Texas 75103