Ready to hit the road with your best, four-legged buddy? If you’re headed to the best RV park in Dallas, TX, Mill Creek Ranch Resort, then you’re headed to the right place. We know you love your pets so we want you to bring them along – because taking care of you every minute is a lot of hard work and they deserve a little vacation of their own. In fact, many of our RVers at Mill Creek Ranch Resort make a habit of bringing their pets with them when they visit us. That’s why we created Barkley Park, a park within our park exclusively for dogs who need to stretch their legs after a long trip.
Because we’ve hosted so many pets and their families, we’d like to offer some pointers for traveling with them, especially if your destination is our RV park in Dallas, TX:
- Make a list so you don’t forget to pack everything you’ll need for your pet. Bowls, food, leash, waste pick-up bags, litter and litter box, medications and toys are usually the most important things you’ll need. In addition, you may want to consider a portable exercise pen. These normally come in panels that can easily be stored in an RV. Although we have a great dog park, you may want to keep your pet close by but with a little freedom to move.
- Keep vaccinations up to date. Making sure all of your pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and they’ve been treated for fleas and ticks recently makes the dog park safer for everyone.. You don’t want any hitchhikers going home with you after your vacation. Also, if you have a pet with some ongoing medical problems, plan ahead and find a veterinarian near where you’ll be parked – in case of emergencies.
- Have permanent Identification for your dog. There are two great ways to make sure that if you and your furry friend are separated, you can be reunited; microchipping and tattoos. Your first line of defense against this is a tag on the collar that has the dog’s name, your name and your cell phone number. But since tags can come off, microchipping or tattooing are best.
- Install proper restraints in your RV. Safeguard your pets by purchasing restraints for them when travelling. It’s as unsafe for animals to move around inside your RV when it’s on the road as it is for people to move around. Any sudden stop or movement and they can become projectiles that can endanger your life – and theirs. Also, remember to maintain climate control inside your RV if you’re leaving your pet alone inside for any length of time. Make sure that all systems are working before you head out so that your pets aren’t exposed to temperature extremes.
- Follow leash and curfew guidelines of your RV park. When you get to your destination, be a responsible pet owner. Keep your dog on a leash or your cat inside your RV. If there’s a doggie curfew (as there is here at Mill Creek Ranch Resort), obey it. Try your best to keep your dog from barking incessantly and always pick up after them when they go to the bathroom.
Plan your next visit to Mill Creek Ranch Resort, the best RV park in Dallas, TX, today. Call us at (877) 927-3439 to reserve an RV site and to find out what you need to know about bringing your pet to our park. You can also visit us at www.millcreekranchresort.com to discover all of the other amenities we have to offer our RV guests.
rv park dallas tx
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
Canton, Texas 75103