Many people shudder at the thought when they hear about a “rustic” style wedding, imagining something chintzy in someone’s backyard. Times, however, have changed. Rustic and classy go hand in hand these days, especially at the rustic wedding venue Texas of Mill Creek Ranch Resort, where quaint meets classy for a classic, rustic and beautiful country wedding with the backdrop of the East Texas Piney Woods.
Having a rustic style wedding has its advantages as well, like a more relaxed ambiance and scores of opportunities to include personal touches so your guests feel almost as special as you do on your big day. The event staff and facilities at our rustic wedding venue Texas provide everything you need, from chairs in the garden for the ceremony to gourmet catering, linens and white lantern centerpieces for the reception. You provide the personal touches, and we’ll take care of the rest so your wedding day can be worry free.
Here are a few tips to put a little of your personality into your special day:
1. Use local or non-traditional flowers and foliage in your bouquet. If you are having a winter wedding, spruce up your flowers with some pine to reflect the piney woods here in East Texas. In the springtime, go with wildflowers or a bouquet of lavender or other flowering herb blooms.
2. Natural accents, like using slices of wood for candle or card holders, are both inexpensive and environmentally friendly and look beautiful on display.
3. Consider incorporating mason jars, a perfect vessel for homemade hard lemonade at a warm summer wedding, or have a cherished family recipe be the take away with the ingredients inside. Or you can incorporate vintage style bottles in the center and display pieces.
4. Decorate with vintage items, either items you or your family owns or you can go looking for some items in any of the Canton antique shops (or at Trade Days, if you feel so inclined). You can even rent vintage items at numerous places in and around the DFW metroplex.
5. Most importantly, think outside the box and get creative! Think about what you and your fiancé like. Are you music snobs? Give the guests a mix “tape” (CD/DVD) with your favorite tunes. Movie buffs? Consider a popcorn bar for guests to snack on between the ceremony and the reception. The possibilities are endless!
At Mill Creek Ranch Resort, our rustic wedding venue Texas provides the perfect backdrop to highlight all the personal details and the happy couple on your wedding day. Call us for more details or to schedule a tour of our grounds.
rustic wedding venue Texas
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
1880 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103
Photo Credit: ©Depositphotos.com/Jeanette.Dietl