Heroes are all around us, though we don’t always notice them. They teach our kids, patrol our streets, guard our country, and battle blazes. We owe these brave men and women a debt we can never fully repay. But there are things each of us can do to show them how much we appreciate their service.
YesterLand Farms is doing its part by hosting a Hero’s Weekend September 21st and 22nd. Members of the teaching, law enforcement, military, and firefighting professions can get free admittance to the farm for themselves and up to three family members, simply by showing their work ID at the admission gate. The deal is a great way for public servants to save while stay at one of our Texas vacation rentals.
If you’ve never been to YesterLand, then you’re missing a treat. This special place is a real working farm that offers plenty of good times for every member of the family. Plus, its location makes it an ideal addition to our Texas vacation rentals.
Things to do at YesterLand include the following fun-filled activities:
- Ride the YesterLand Express, a vintage train sized just right for both kids and adults to enjoy.
- Enjoy fast-moving twists and turns on the Range, a classic roller coaster that takes passengers through an authentically-styled fort.
- Take a trip on the Super Slide, a 65’ three-lane fiberglass slide that takes visitors over not one but two heart-pounding humps.
- Go for a spin (literally!) on the Turbulence and Gyro-sphere attractions, both of which whizz visitors around in circles for some dizzying good fun.
- Saturday nights in October are a treat! Bring your flashlight and an adventurous spirit to experience all of the fun YesterLand has to offer in a whole new light!
For those who prefer a more leisurely experience, YesterLand also offers wagon train rides, a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, and a mercantile filled with souvenirs and other fascinating merchandise. Plus, after you and your party have worked up a farm-sized appetite, you can enjoy a great meal at the Hog Wild Grill.
YesterLand takes its role as a member of the Canton community very seriously. One way it gives back is by joining with local schools to host field trips. Students can tour the grounds and work areas and see what everyday life is like on an American farm. Each year YesterLand dedicates its corn maze to a charitable organization. This year the maze features the 100th Anniversary of the American Cancer Society, and proceeds from the annual corn maze go to the organization’s efforts to find a cure. So, when you visit, you’ll not only be having a great time. You’ll also be supporting a family-centered business that’s striving to make our world a better place.
You can make your trip to YesterLand even more special by taking part in one of our Family Fall Fun Escape Packages. You’ll enjoy overnight accommodations in either a cabin or at one of our spacious RV sites. You’ll also get discounts on admission to YesterLand and full access to all the great amenities at Mill Creek Ranch Resort. You won’t find a better deal on Texas vacation rentals anywhere. So don’t settle for a bland, run-of-the-mill hotel room when you can stay with us. We look forward to having you and your loved ones as our honored guests.
Texas Vacation Rentals
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
2102 N. Trade Days Blvd.
Canton, TX 75103