If you’re headed to the world-famous First Monday Trade Days and you’re looking for the best Trade Days lodging Canton, TX, make sure you find a place that’s close to everything Canton has to offer. Of course, First Monday is a major attraction because of its sheer size – it’s the biggest flea market in America with over 7,000 vendors and booths – and because of what it offers – hours and hours of shopping, eating and fun. But First Monday Trade Days only happen four days a month, so you have plenty of time left to explore everything else in the area.
East Texas Cabins: Fun For Families
If you’re bringing the whole family to East Texas, make sure you put some fun activities on your list that don’t include shopping. Here are some things you can do with young kids, older kids and everyone else in the family that will more than make up for long days spent at First Monday Trade Days:
- Yesterland Farm is part amusement park, part carnival, part petting zoo and lots of fun, especially during fall and winter holidays. You and your kids can ride old-fashioned midway rides and visit with Santa while you munch on funnel cakes and sausage on a stick.
- Splash Kingdom is a waterpark that you’ll never want to leave. If you visit Canton in the spring and summer, be sure to check out the wave pool, volcano mountain, and the lazy river.
- East Texas Gators and Wildlife Park is just 7 miles away from Canton in Grand Saline. You can watch gators feed in their natural habitat and enjoy the company of ducks, snakes, geese, turtles, fish and more.
- Caldwell Zoo in nearby Tyler, TX is a hidden gem in East Texas. Your kids will love all of the animals habitats, the gift shop, and the restaurant overlooking the giraffe enclosure.
Where To Stay In Canton TX: Fun For Grownups
If your trip to East Texas doesn’t include children, you can still find something exciting to do that’s not too far away from your Trade Days lodging Canton TX:
- The East Texas Arboretum in nearby Athens gives you a chance to wind down from your all-day shopping in a beautiful setting that includes hundreds of flowers and native plant species.
- Savannah Winery & Bistro in Canton offers wine tastings, appetizers, desserts, a gift shop and live music Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Moore’s Store is the place to go in Ben Wheeler, TX, just 15 minutes outside of Canton, for live music from local and national artists and a full menu that includes traditional Texas chicken-fried steak and chili cheese fries.
- Robertson’s Ham and The Red Barn in Wills Point, TX is where you need to go to get smoked meats East Texas is famous for. And while you’re at it, why not sample the all-you-can-eat buffet in The Red Barn.
To be in the best possible location to get to everything you want to do in East Texas, choose Mill Creek Ranch Resort for your Trade Days lodging Canton TX. We’re located 5 minutes away from First Monday Trade Days and just a short drive away from all the other fun things the Canton area has to offer. Call us at (877) 927-3439 to make your reservation.