Adventure awaits when you hit the open road in your RV! You can explore the great outdoors, get away from it all, hike on challenging nature trails, fish in beautiful ponds, see the world and…turn yourself into a foodie? Yes, you can!
One the frequently mentioned advantages of RV vacationing is the ability to save money by cooking most of your meals. Another advantage of an RV vacation at a Canton TX Campground? Lots of free time. Put those two things together along with a tiny bit more pre-planning and what do you get? A recipe for a foodie, not to mention a recipe to keep you hungering for more RV adventures so you can try out a ton of new recipes!
Here’s a list of easy ideas to kick your RV cooking up a notch or two:
- Lobster macaroni and cheese can be found on upscale menus all over the place in all its rich, creamy glory. While lobster can be hard to come by, you can quickly and easily add some lump crabmeat for richness and a dash or two of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick. For an even creamier dish, replace half of your milk with cream. Remember: vacation calories don’t count!
- Smoked sausage has long been a campfire staple. For a different flavor, look for chicken and apple sausage to roast, along with some cauliflower. Toss them into a green salad for a savory boost. Bonus: East Texas is well-known for delicious tomatoes. Don’t be afraid to stop at a roadside fruit stand to pick some up for your trip.
- A Caprese salad also packs a lot of flavor into an easy dish. Again, find the best tomatoes East Texas has to offer at any roadside fruit and vegetable stand. Slice them with fresh mozzarella and basil, top it all with a balsamic vinaigrette and your taste buds will dance.
- The ever popular foil-packet cooking lends itself to many options: fish with white wine and garlic sauce; fingerling potatoes with poblano peppers, sweet onions, and butter; strongly flavored veggies like asparagus and Brussels sprouts are tamed with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Instantly elevate a Texas breakfast classic like breakfast tacos with the simple additions of sliced avocados and fresh pico de gallo.
Canton TX Campgrounds
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
2102 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103