6. When not staying in a hotel in Canton TX visit the beautiful Edgewood Heritage Park historic outdoor museum and the Blackwell House, Canton’s oldest residence. As described on their website, this outdoor museum encompasses 20 authentically restored and furnished structures representing rural life in East Texas from the 1800′s to the 1920′s.
5 . If golfing is your thing, you won’t want to miss visiting the championship Twin Lakes Golf Course. Ranked by Texas Outside as one of the top 10 golf facilities in Texas. Twin Lakes was designed to challenge serious players while still giving novices a great place to learn to play. The picturesque course was designed around two beautiful lakes and a 1,000 acre tree farm giving the course a beautiful tranquility.
4. When not staying in a hotel in Canton TX we recommend visiting theYesterland Farm for a nostalgic step back in time — it’s old-fashioned fun on the farm with a new twist! From Fall festivities to a holiday wonderland of Christmas trees and Santa, it’s all farm-tastic family entertainment.
3. For a change of pace, visit the Edwin L. Cox, Jr., Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center (TFFC). The TFFC website indicates they combine visitation and outdoor education with a production fish hatchery. The Center’s mission is to provide an educational, entertaining visitor experience that promotes freshwater sport fishing and the enhancement, conservation and stewardship of aquatic resources in Texas.
2. TripAdvisor.com describes Canton’s First Monday Trade Days as the self-professed oldest and largest flea market in the United States including more than 7,000 vendors. The event draws up to 500,000 people and is held each month on the Thursday through Sunday preceding the first Monday of the month. If you want to visit First Monday Trade Days be sure to book your hotel in Canton TX far in advance, as accommodations fill fast!
And FINALLY and most importantly:
1. Don’t stay in a hotel in Canton TX! Instead, stay in the fabulous resort at Mill Creek Ranch Resort where not only will you have beautiful and relaxing accommodations, you’ll enjoy our fabulous amenities including: concierge service; stocked fishing ponds; paddle boats; live music, full bar and great food every Friday night at “The Creek” in the Grand Lodge; swimming pools; hot tub; beautiful playground; disc golf course; places for bike riding; a dog park; volleyball; basketball; horse shoes; etc. You get the idea, there’s truly something for everyone at Mill Creek Ranch Resort.
Hotel Canton TX
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
2102 N. Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103