Spending time in nature can be a wonderful way to relax, but which means of vacationing is best for you? Here are the pros and cons of tiny houses, RVs, and cabin rentals so you can decide for yourself.
No doubt you’ve at least heard about tiny houses, thanks to shows like HGTV’s Tiny House Hunters, but have you ever lived in one? It can be a big step going from a big house to a tiny one, but you could give it a try before making a commitment. Here are some pros and cons of living small:
- Easier to keep clean.
- Forces you to think and pack light.
- Encourages more exploration of the great outdoors.
- Keeps everything you need in easy reach.
Plus, here at Mill Creek Ranch Resort, we have tiny houses that you can rent or buy, so a simple vacation can lead to a downsized house and upsized freedom.
- Tiny houses will only accommodate 2, 3 if you squeeze (comfortable with being in close spaces) people, so not ideal for families.
- Living light and in such a small space is not for everyone.
- It is difficult to find a place to have you tiny home.
The golden dream of life on the open road draws many to RVing. Whether you plan on taking one around the country or you just want to enjoy the luxury for a short vacation, there are some things to consider.
- Whenever you’re ready to go, it’s easy to pick up and move.
- They’re especially convenient for touring large areas.
- From pop up trailers to fully loaded motorhomes, you can choose the cost and comfort of your trip.
- Rentals can be relatively expensive, and you’ll need to factor in gas for your trip.
- You’ll have to make sure the site you choose can accommodate an RV.
- If you plan to own the RV, licensing, insurance, maintenance, and storage will need to factor into your costs.
- You’ll need to inquire about and obtain the proper licensing to legally operate your RV.
- There will always be some maintenance issues and or breakdowns.
Cabins for Sale in Texas
For those wanting a vacation that is a little more stress free and convenient, cabins are a great option. You can rent one or own one, and still find yourself in the middle of an incredible natural environment. Here are a few things to think about.
- Cabins provide all the creature comforts of a real house while still dropping you in the middle of a beautiful natural environment.
- Rent a cabin for a few days, or purchase one that you can come back to again and again.
- Owned cabins can be rented out when not in use, and the added income can help pay for the expenses associated with owning.
- Like renting a hotel room, you only have to bring the essentials, and that’s all you’ll need to pack when you’re done.
- Your cabin is affixed to one location.
- There are some added expenses in renting or owning a cabin.
Tiny Houses, RVs, and Cabins, oh my!
No matter what option you go with, there’s room at Mill Creek Ranch Resort to accommodate your wants and needs. Give us a call any time to find out more.
Mill Creek Ranch Resort | Cabins for Sale in Texas | 877-927-3439