Deciding to buy a vacation home is incredibly exciting, but all too often being too excited can have you jumping into something you either don’t want or can’t afford. Here are five considerations when looking at cabins for sale in Texas.
- Location, location, location! Yes, being nestled in the woods away from all civilization sounds great. Until you realize it’s a pain to get to, with nothing nearby providing the basics (grocery stores, repair people, etc.). If you’re looking for quick weekend trips, it’s important to find something closer to the city that’s also closer to a small town, like Mill Creek Ranch Resort. Mill Creek Ranch Resort is nestled in the small town of Canton, Texas, but is also right smack dab in the East Texas Piney Woods so you kind of get the best of both worlds.
2. Affordability. Before buying a second home you have to crunch the numbers and make sure you can afford it. If you can pay cash we have some great deals for re-sales cabins and cottages. Need financing, we have options to accommodate on a new cabin.
3. Post-purchase costs. Buying a vacation home is one thing, but many people underestimate the cost of maintenance. Continued maintenance costs about 2% of the home’s value. If you plan on renting your vacation home, assume the management company will take up to 50% of the rent. If all of this sounds like a headache, consider buying a home on a resort. At Mill Creek Ranch Resort, all the maintenance and cleaning is taken care of, people are on the premises 24/7 year round, and there are no HOA or other hidden fees. They also already have an established business in renting and will do all the legwork to help you earn extra income by renting out your cabin.
4. What about taxes? A vacation home can and probably will affect you come April 15, for property taxes. At Mill Creek Ranch Resort’s cabins for sale in Texas there are no property taxes so that is one less headache to worry about during tax season.
5. Isn’t a timeshare a better deal? In short, no. A lot of timeshares these days are at resorts, so in addition to being somewhat expensive you also have relatively high annual maintenance fees. You can also expect to get less than the price you paid for it if you decide to sell, so it’s more like buying a boat than making an investment. Moreover, if you are looking for the intimate feel of having your very own vacation home the timeshare does not offer that. For that resort-style ambiance any time you want, call Mill Creek Ranch Resort or visit us online for more information on our cabins for sale in Texas.
cabins for sale in texas
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
Canton, Texas 75103