If you’re looking for a great getaway with family and friends, you can’t go wrong in East Texas. This four-season vacation destination is the perfect backdrop for making magical memories with your loved ones. At our award-winning Mill Creek Ranch Resort in Canton, we have a range of accommodations to suit all occasions and group sizes, and our team knows all the best local attractions. There’s so much to do and see here, why not extend your stay? If you need a little help choosing what to do, here’s our guide to some of the best activities around.
Fun Things to Do in East Texas
- Check out Canton’s historic First Monday market. It’s the world’s largest flea market with more than 5,000 vendors!
- It’s thrills and spills for kids of all ages at Canton’s Splash Kingdom Family Waterpark.
- Canton’s two-day, annual Balloon Fest is a fiesta of family fun.
- Canton Main Street comes alive each year with the family-friendly Autumn Festival.
- Step back in time at YesterLand Farm, where there are good times to be had by the whole family.
- Swirl, sniff, and sip at Cannon Creek Vineyard.
- Daredevils journey south for some underwater thrills at Athens Scuba Park.
- Head to Tyler, the “Rose Capital of America,” for the annual Texas Rose Festival.
- Tyler is also home to the famous Azalea Trail each spring.
- All aboard the Historic Jefferson Railway for a 40-minute sight-seeing train ride.
A Great Place to Stay in East Texas
And that’s just a little taste of the endless attractions in East Texas. So if you’re looking for some good, old-fashioned country hospitality, join us at Mill Creek Ranch Resort. We’re about an hour east of Dallas, and we’ve got RV- sites, cabin-style cottages, yurts, and tiny house rentals. To find out more, give us a call on 866-488-6020 or check our availability online.