Mill Creek Ranch Resort is among the best East Texas resorts with award-winning RV parks and cottage rentals in Canton, TX. Canton is just an hour’s drive from Dallas, and one of the best ways to immerse yourself in the area’s beauty is with a hiking adventure. With each step, you uncover the secrets of East Texas, from towering trees to dazzling lakes. Whether you’re an experienced hiker or a novice seeking a serene escape, hiking in East Texas offers a rejuvenating experience that connects you with the beauty of the natural world.
7 Lovely East Texas Hiking Trails Near Canton
- Mill Creek Lake Nature Trail: This is an easy and peaceful hiking trail in East Texas that features lovely views of Mill Creek Lake. It is 2.4 miles long and takes a little under an hour to complete. This is a popular nature trail for running, walking, and birdwatching.
- Canton City Lake: Embark on a peaceful hiking journey on this 1.9-mile-long loop. This is a popular nature trail for walking and should take around half an hour to complete. Along the way, you will have stunning views of Canton City Lake.
- Beaver Slide Nature Park Loop: This is a serene nature hiking trail loop in East Texas near Canton. Enjoy beautiful views of the lake and Purtis Creek State Park on this 1.63 hiking adventure.
- Wolfpen Hike and Bike Blue Trail: Explore another gorgeous trail in East Texas at Purtis Creek State Park. This rugged 2.15-miles long trail will feature lake views and local wildlife.
- Tyler State Park Lake Loop Trail: Enjoy a scenic East Texas hiking journey on this 2-mile-long loop. This is a well-maintained trail that will provide views of the lovely Lake Tyler and piney woods. This should be a pretty leisurely stroll with minimal elevation gain.
- Whispering Pines Nature Trail: Head to this trail for gorgeous views of a small waterfall with plenty of shade from trees. This is a 1.27-mile long loop that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
- Cherry Creek Park: This East Texas park features a lovely half-mile hiking trail. This park in Canton, Texas, is also great for family picnics, with a playground, tables, and grills.