You’ll only be gone for two to three days. Packing should be a breeze, but no matter how careful you are, it always seems there’s something missing when you get to your vacation destination. Here are a few ideas to help you create a complete packing checklist.
Simple enough, until you forget to pack underwear and have to wear the same pair for the next few days. Here’s a list of things you may need:
- Socks (2-3 pairs)
- Underwear (2-3 pairs)
- Shoes (if you plan on wearing different pairs)
- Shirts (2-3)
- Pants/shorts (2-3)
- Dresses (optional)
- Coats (if it’s cold)
- Hats (particularly handy during the summer)
Try to consider your daily routine to help you remember everything you’ll need. You may also want to get travel size items for easier packing.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Shower supplies (soap, loofa, shampoo, conditioner, towel)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hair ties (for longer hair)
- Hair dryer or curler
- Makeup (foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner, etc.)
While you probably don’t want to pack too heavily on the electronics side, there may be some things you just can’t live without.
- Cell phone & charger
- Camera & charger/batteries & film (or clear off your camera’s memory)
- Laptop computer & charger
- iPod or other music device & charger
- Tablet or reader & charger
Check the Weather
Nothing ruins a weekend more than unexpected bad weather. And since it will also affect the kinds of activities you can participate in, it can help you plan what you’ll do over your weekend away. Based on the weather, you may need:
- Sunscreen, hat, and water (hot and sunny)
- Umbrella or raincoat and rain boots (rainy)
- Coat, scarf, hat, gloves (cold)
- Insect repellent
Consider Your Destination
Where you’re going matters. Check out the amenities where you’ll be staying, and scope out any attractions or events in the town you’ll be visiting to make sure your packing checklist is complete. Here are some items specific to your destination and activities:
- Swimsuit and towel (for hot tubs, pools, and other water activities)
- Waterproof bags (for boating trips or other water-based activities)
- Various bags (backpack for hiking, tote bag for the beach, etc.)
No matter where you go, you’ll need an ID, as well as money or some means of paying for things.
Resealable plastic baggies are great for carrying things, keeping snacks and toiletries from busting and coating your belongings with unwanted messes. It’s good to keep a handful of these little lifesavers with you.
You may want to have gum or mints on hand for a quick breath freshener.
If you need to carry medication, always keep it on you (for safety and ease of access), and set it up so it’s easy to carry and keep track of, like using a medication day planner.
And You’re All Set for Your Weekend Getaway in Texas
With this easy to follow packing guide, you should have everything you need for weekend getaways in Texas or wherever you may roam. And if you make your own custom list, keep it. When you’re packing up at the end of your trip, you can refer to the list to ensure you don’t leave anything behind.
We hope you’ll consider Mill Creek Ranch Resort when you’re making your plans for a Texas weekend getaway. It’s a beautiful and exciting place for a relaxing weekend retreat.
Mill Creek Ranch Resort | Weekend Getaways in Texas | 877-927-3439