Take our top 7 things to do in Canton TX and make your visit special! We all know and love First Mondays and the wonderful people they bring to Canton. First Monday Trade Days, however, aren’t the only thing Canton has to offer! Whether you’re just here for the weekend or making a vacation out of it, here is a list of some great other things to do in and around our wonderful town. So even if you’ve just come for First Monday, stay awhile and see the other wonderful things we have to offer!
- Things to do in Canton TX: Shopping: First Monday is not the only shopping to be had in Canton, there are also several boutique and antique stores in town like the Dish Barn for Fiesta dishes, Bellum and Rogue for all the latest clothing styles, and the Paul Michael Company to find that next conversation piece for your home.
- Things to do in Canton TX: Splash Kingdom: Splash Kingdom is Canton’s resident waterpark, complete with crazy slides, a wave pool, a lazy river and more! It makes a great place for the family to cool off in the summer heat of Texas.
- Things to do in Canton TX: Fishing & Swimming: You don’t even have to leave Canton to go fishing. The Mill Creek Reservoir has largemouth bass, catfish and crappie. The Old City Lake also has fishing in addition to swimming, tennis and volleyball courts, picnic areas, and baseball fields. For excellent trophy fishing, head to Lake Fork about 30 minutes out of town.
- Things to do in Canton TX: Play 18 Holes: Twin Lakes is an award winning golf course and located right in Canton TX. It offers one of the most challenging courses in East Texas. It’s great for corporate retreats or other large adult groups! Is Disc Golf more your style then head over to Cherry Creek Park in Canton and play a 5 star professional 18 hole course. The park also has walking trails, large play area for the kids, Volly ball and so much more.
- Things to do in Canton TX: Canton Main Street: Enjoy the heart of the city in Canton’s historic downtown! Find shopping, live music and a variety dining options as well as special events throughout the course of the year!
- Things to do in Canton TX: East Texas Gators and Wildlife Park: See all the wonderful animals that live at this area wildlife reserve like snakes, swans, lizards, and of course alligators. You can even watch the alligators feed in their natural environment!
- Things to do in Canton TX: Mill Creek Ranch Resort: Need Canton lodging and looking for fun things for the family? Book a cottage at Mill Creek Ranch Resort! The cottages all have a full kitchen, modern finishings and lots of space for the whole family. The resort has ponds for paddle boating and catch and release fishing, a resort style pool and hot tub, disc golf, hiking, biking and even a grand lodge with a restaurant and live music on Fridays. If you’re planning on visiting Canton over a First Monday weekend, we fill up, so book ahead! Call 877-927-3439 for rates and availability!
Things To Do In Canton TX
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
1880 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103