Are you thinking of buying a home that you can use for vacation rentals in Dallas, TX? All you have to do is drive an hour east of Dallas to the Piney Woods of East Texas to find Mill Creek Ranch Resort. At Mill Creek Ranch Resort, we have new cottages and resale cottages to choose from. Each could be your home-away-from-home when you’re ready for a getaway from the big city and an income earner when you’re not there. Because you want your cottage to be a top rental earner, you need to add decorative touches that will make it appealing to everyone. What’s the best way to do that?
- Choose wall colors like whites and creams that will make your little cottage look bigger inside and give you a neutral color background. Remember that any color statements can be made with accent pieces.
- Embrace a theme that will set your cottage apart from the others. Many of the Mill Creek Ranch Resort vacation rentals in Dallas, TX are a combination of modern and rustic, which makes them ideal for a Texas ranch theme or a cabin-in-the-woods theme. While you want your home to have that unmistakable theme, you also don’t want it to be so overpowering and cluttered that potential renters will be turned off by it. Pick one theme and run with it.
- Don’t be afraid of a little color. White walls, wooden floors and cabinets are nice and neutral; but a pop of color is what gives your vacation cottage personality. Bring in bright bedding, linens and rugs. If your home is a mini-ranch house, throw a colorful quilt on the bed and lay down a patchwork rug. If it’s a Caribbean cottage, teal, lime green and fuchsia can add the visual interest you need to make renters take notice. Add your colors in the bathroom and in the kitchen, too.
- Accessorize to match your theme. Add lodge-themed accessories like baskets filled with pinecones, carved bear figurines and rustic light fixtures to compliment the woodsy feel of your cottage. If you’re going for something a little more nautical to reflect your love of the water, add seashells, colorful lanterns and framed boating prints. Keep in mind, though, that your cottage will also be a vacation rental, so don’t choose anything too personal – don’t choose anything irreplaceable.
- Don’t forget the outside. If you have a covered porch or deck on your cottage, you know your renters will spend a lot of time there. Add the two things that no vacation cottage should be without – deck furniture that’s comfortable, durable and attractive and a grill for family get-togethers or when they’re just craving Texas barbeque. Adding a fire pit for roasting marshmallows and S’mores is a huge attractions for renters.
There is no better place to buy vacation rentals near Dallas, TX than Mill Creek Ranch Resort. We take care of every detail like the lease of the land, security, lawn maintenance, housekeeping, garbage pickup, water and sewer, WiFi and cable television. Best of all, we also take care of rental marketing to keep your house rented when you’re not there. You pay no property taxes and no HOA dues. So, don’t wait to buy your vacation cottage. Call Mill Creek Ranch Resort at (877) 927-3439 to speak to, our cottage sales manager today!
vacation rentals dallas tx
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
1880 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103