As any school-aged child can tell you: spring break is almost here! As any parent of a school-aged child knows: planning a spring break with the kids can be hard! Before deciding on specific things to do Canton, TX, consider a few ideas to help your family prioritize and make the most out of your spring break time together.
- Relax. No, really! Just as one family member’s stress can rub off on the rest of the group, one person’s commitment to letting go of day-to-day anxiety calms the group. Your family has packed and traveled and arrived, so now…take a moment to breathe in deeply and savor the moment. Smile. Laugh. Exhale.
- Keep it simple. Limited time away tempts you to jam pack every day with as many activities as possible because no one wants to miss “the good stuff.” Consider your pace, however, and make time for relaxation and down time, too. An hour long game of cards in your cabin may yield just as many fun family memories as a stressful day at an amusement park. Consider your family’s energy level, and pace yourself accordingly.
- Take Pictures of everyone! That means you, too. Don’t hide behind the camera. Most passersby love to help you get everyone in your family picture, so let them help. When your children look at the pictures years from now, they’ll want to see all the faces smiling back at them. With all the fun things to do Canton TX, you’ll want pictures to document all your experiences. Bonus: spring is wildflower time in East Texas. With such abundant natural beauty as a backdrop, everyone in the family will look fantastic!
- Be ready to make a game-time decision or punt. Not every plan comes to fruition, especially when the plans involve the great outdoors. Three straight days of rain may keep your family from swimming or playing disc golf or hiking, but it can’t keep you from spending time together. You can cook together if you’re staying at a fully-equipped cabin, or read, or catch a classic movie, or work a puzzle, or play a game, or any of the many other things that often get pushed aside for “a rainy day.”
- Be the adult, but don’t forget to be a kid, too. Vacations provide the perfect opportunity to play with your kids. Challenge them to a game of horseshoes, a race to the turn in the hiking trail, or a paddle boat race. Don’t worry about getting dirty; concentrate on laughing and learning and playing together.
- Let everyone choose an activity. Imagine how proud your youngest child will be when the whole family enjoys the s’mores cookout and beggs to do it again the next night!
Things To Do Canton TX
Mill Creek Ranch Resort
1880 N Trade Days Blvd
Canton, Texas 75103