For those of you who weren’t lucky enough to escape the most recent polar vortex, a family getaway to sunny East Texas surely sounds pretty heavenly right about now. It’s an ideal 75 degrees right now in Canton, TX, much to the delight of our visiting Winter Texans. The influx of Winter Texans here at Mill Creek Ranch Resort will slowly fade as we near spring’s arrival as they trek back north to their summer homes. Just as these lucky Winter Texans head home, we’ll welcome hundreds of new tourists who finally found the time to escape the frigid American North. Spring ushers in warmer temperatures, blooming flowers, diverse wildlife, and lush forestry here in East Texas. As one of the most affordable family resorts in Texas, we’re expecting a full house this spring. For those of you who don’t know much about our region, we’ve compiled seven unique reasons to visit Mill Creek Ranch Resort this spring:
Top Reasons to Visit Mill Creek Ranch Resort
- First Monday Trade Days – There will be three First Monday Trade Days this spring, per usual, landing on these dates: March 28-31, May 2-5, and May 30-June 2. This world-renowned flea market will welcome over 100,000 visitors each weekend. Read this detailed “survival guide” before strolling to the Canton Trade Days this spring.
- It’s warmer here than there – While much of the American North will enjoy upper-40s and low-50s this spring, we’ll be basking in sunny 70s and even low-80s in April and May.
- The Winter Texans have left – As our loyal Winter Texans return to their summer homes, a large number of our RV sites become available for the first time in months here at Mill Creek Ranch Resort. Make sure to book a springtime getaway to East Texas sooner rather than later, especially if you hope to stay in one of our tiny house rentals.
- The Tailwind Regional Balloon Fest – The Annual Tailwind Regional Balloon Fest returns in mid-May for yet another eye-popping extravaganza here in Canton, TX. This year’s festival will include a 5K glow run, a climbing wall, battle of the bands, pony rides, bounce houses, and a car show.
- Inexpensive spa treatments – We’re one of the only family resorts in Texas to have an on-site spa: Mill Creek Spa. You won’t find prices this low on massages, body wraps, aromatherapy, and reflexology anywhere else in East Texas.
- It’s cookout season! – You’ve been waiting for months to debut your new grill – don’t let snowstorms, freezing rain, or chilly winds ruin your next barbecue! Get a headstart on summer with a couple of weeks in our East Texas paradise filled with daily cookouts here at Mill Creek Ranch Resort.
- On-site amenities galore! – There’s never a dull moment here at Mill Creek Ranch, one of the only award-winning family resorts in Texas. We have on-site fishing, swimming, disc golf, nature trails, a hot tub, campfires, and so much more! To learn more about our contemporary cottages, RV park rentals, and tiny homes for rent, please visit our website, or give us a call today at 1-877-927-3439.